Friday, May 1, 2020

April wrap up and May beginning!

It has been such a crazy month. I am so grateful for the students who continue to tune in on our Friday check in and who keep submitting their work. As we head into May, here are a few things to note:

  • Today (April 30) was our Hats on for Mental Health awareness. Students were asked to wear a hat in the Google Meet and we took a group photo to be included in the year book. I also asked each student individually if they wanted their photo taken and those who said yes got an additional close up photo taken. I will edit the photos into a collage and post it to Google Classroom once it's finished. It should also be included in the yearbook. ***Parents! If your child could not attend the Google Meet today and would still like to be included in the collage, please take a picture of them wearing a hat and email it to me ASAP***
  • Due to the feedback from the students in the class survey, the majority have said they would like to have more opportunities to tune in on Google Meet and ask questions, read a book together, and play some math games. On Monday, I will be rolling out a new weekly schedule of events. I will include a picture below so you can see what we have planned.
  • I will be going through the reading tracking calendars for April and totaling up the amount of books read. Everyone who submits their reading calendar will have their name included in a draw for a prize. I am still working out what that prize will be, but I will let you know as soon as I do. The monthly reading calendar tracking for May has been posted and is due at the end of the month.
Thanks again to all the students who keep coming to our checkin on Friday and keep submitting their work on the classroom. I am both amazed and humbled by all of your efforts and I miss seeing you all in person. Stay safe, stay well, and keep reading!

Schedule starting next week:


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you and good luck

What an incredible year it has been. Despite all the craziness, I am so thankful and inspired by the time I have had with my students and th...