Wednesday, April 29, 2020

Google Classroom Happenings - April 29

Hello students and families of room 11!

As you've probably noticed, I have not been posting on the blog daily this week. I don't want to overwhelm families with information and I am posting most updates on Google Classroom. However, here's some things for you to note this week in case you haven't been checking the classroom posts:


  • Tomorrow (April 30) is the last day to submit the classroom feedback survey. Thank you to everyone who has taken the time to respond as it really helps me figure out how to best support the students and what kinds of things are working or need tweaking.
  • There is a wrap up review/quiz on 2D and 3D shapes that will be posted tomorrow. Students have until May 4th to complete it.
  • This week is Hats on for Mental Health! During our regularly scheduled Google Meet on Friday at 10 am, make sure you're wearing your best hat! I will be looking to take some photos of students in their hats for the year book during this session. I will always ask for student permission before taking a photo and these photos are meant to be used for the school yearbook only. If you're uncomfortable having your photo taken for the yearbook, please let me know and I will not take your picture.
  • Make sure to submit your monthly reading tracking sheet tomorrow. I may be working on getting some prizes for students who complete their calendars.
  • I am currently taking class name suggestions! Students are encouraged to submit their suggestions through the question assignment. Once I have gathered enough suggestions, the class will vote on what they want to be called.
  • Finally, and most importantly, I have made a special video for the students to view over on the classroom. Everyone who submitted a video of their Rube Goldberg project was included. I am so proud of all your hard work with this!!! It is also my first time creating and editing a video, so I would love if you could watch it and leave a comment underneath letting me know what you think. I will not be posting the video to the blog as it has the students in it and is meant only for our class to watch. I have taken a screen shot of where you can find it on the classroom, so give it a look!
As always, email me with any questions or concerns. I miss working and learning with the students and I really value hearing from you! Until next time, stay safe, stay healthy, and keep reading!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you and good luck

What an incredible year it has been. Despite all the craziness, I am so thankful and inspired by the time I have had with my students and th...