Friday, April 3, 2020

Week 1 done

What a crazy week! It was so nice to connect with all the students who could participate on the chat today. The students asked if we could have a chat every week and I said absolutely YES! We decided that Friday at 10 am until 11 am would be our weekly checkin time. This first session was recorded and will be posted to the classroom soon. Subsequent checkins on Friday are optional and will not be recorded. Please check in if you can, but if not, no worries. I am always available by email.

The grade 3/4 team are still figuring out how we want to go about recording teaching sessions, so stay tuned for that. We are hoping to record live lessons and post them to the classroom afterwards. Once we figure things out, we will let you know.

We will have new assignments going live Monday, April 6 at 8 am on the classroom shell. Students have the week to complete them. I will be available online Tuesday - Thursday from 10 am - 12 pm, so if you have any questions, please email me and we can set up a private Google Meet session to discuss. These sessions will not be recorded.

I have also noticed that lots of kids are interested in art and I loved seeing your creations on the live chat today. I have created a separate section for art on the Google Classroom. The tasks uploaded to this section are encouraged but will not be graded as teachers are being told to focus exclusively on literacy and numeracy. That being said, I love seeing my students' creations! So if you make something really cool, please upload it and I will definitely look at it and comment.

I will still be updating the blog regularly next week. Friday, April 10 is Good Friday so there will be no update for that day. Parents, please let me know if you would like me to create a suggested schedule for you to follow or if you have any other suggestions, please let me know.

Stay safe, stay healthy, and we will see you next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you and good luck

What an incredible year it has been. Despite all the craziness, I am so thankful and inspired by the time I have had with my students and th...