Tuesday, April 14, 2020

Week 3 of Online Learning

I hope everyone had a good long weekend and found a way to connect with family and friends. We are heading into week 3 of online learning and this week's assignments have been posted to the classroom. All assignments are due Monday, April 20th by 4 pm. However, if students need more time for assignments, do not worry about the deadlines. I would rather students take their time and demonstrate their understanding than rush through things. I am available by email any time for questions or if students would like to book a private meeting to get some help with assignments. I will also be working out a schedule to do a private meet with each student for 20 minutes in the next few weeks to chat about student assignments, progress, and to discuss any questions. I will email parents and students the date and time in advance and parents are welcome to sit in as well.

This week, we will have our class checkin meeting on Friday, April 17 at 10 am to 11 am. The students have requested a show and tell meeting where we can introduce our pets or show something the students have created and are proud of, so we will discuss the ground rules for that this Friday and schedule the Show and Tell for next week (April 20 - 24).

Capitol Hill School will be undergoing renovations that requires no staff be in the building from April 18 to April 25, so I will be working from home that week. I will still be available during regular hours and by email, and assignments will roll out as usual.

Until tomorrow, be safe, be well, and keep creating!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you and good luck

What an incredible year it has been. Despite all the craziness, I am so thankful and inspired by the time I have had with my students and th...