Wednesday, April 1, 2020

Google Classroom Launches Tomorrow!

Hello grade 3/4!

The team has been busy setting up and learning all the new and fun parts of our Google Classroom and we are set to launch! I have manually inputted all of the student emails into the classroom, so please have students check their emails for the invite from me. Please click accept and join in! Inside our Google Classroom, you will find a welcome message from me and tomorrow morning we have set a couple of assignments to launch at 8 am. Don't worry; it is nothing too intense and it is meant more to be fun and for us to test the platform. Assignment answers are due Friday, April 3 before midnight.

How to navigate the Google classroom guide can be found by clicking here. It has also been uploaded to the Classroom Resources Guide. You can also access a great link for virtual math manipulatives by clicking here. There is also a document called Google Meet Guidelines that I encourage parents to review with their children in advance of our first Google Meet. It is important that we still respect each others' learning and boundaries as we navigate this new platform.

Starting Monday, April 6, we will be uploading weekly assignments to the classroom. I will also be available online on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday from 10am-12pm if you have questions or need help. You can send me an email anytime outside or within those hours and I will get back to everyone the same day within working hours. I am also onsite at the school from Monday-Friday, so if you are really stuck you can send me an email and I will contact you when I am available.

The team is still busy figuring out how best to host a Google Meet and we will get back to you about times for live class sessions. We are aware that not all students will be able to participate at the scheduled time so we are trying to figure out a way to record the sessions and post them for later viewing. Parents, it is very important that you review the Google Classroom Parent Consent form that was send out by Mrs. Dalton yesterday as recorded sessions may include appearances by your children.

For students who may be struggling to type up assignments, you can write your answers using paper and pencil, take a photo with a smart phone, and upload the image on Google Classroom. Please make sure the image is well-lit, in focus, and has a high resolution. If you need help with this, please contact me and I am happy to walk you through the process.

Very excited to roll everything out tomorrow and continue building our classroom together!

Ms. Ott

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you and good luck

What an incredible year it has been. Despite all the craziness, I am so thankful and inspired by the time I have had with my students and th...