Monday, April 6, 2020

Google Classroom is up and running!

The grade 3/4 team has been busy learning all the bells and whistles of Google Classroom. We had to re-upload the reading tracking assignment so that students could access it, so apologies for the confusion there. It seems like most students have figured out how to navigate through the classroom and upload assignments. However, if you are having difficulties, I will be available online from 10 am to 12 pm tomorrow on Google meet. The meet code is available on Google Classroom. Please let me know if you need any tech support or clarification about assignments.

Our D2L shell is updated with all of the additional practice work for ELA, Math, Art, PE and is meant to provide some guidance if the students are looking to practice various topics. This is optional work and will not be graded, but please feel free to share it with me!

I have uploaded a reduced clip from our Friday meeting to Google Classroom, so please let me know if you can view it. I had to teach myself iMovie and a whole bunch of other things to make it work, so hopefully you can see it on your end. Leave a comment under the video if you can see it.

I have also made a new account on Math Prodigy and uploaded all existing students to that account. If you did not received the invite, the students can join by using the following class codes:

Grade 3 Class Code: 674C0B
Grade 4 Class Code: A0BCAE

Please jump on and try out a few games so that I can see what the students might need more help with in the future. If you cannot remember your login, please email me and I am happy to send it to you.

Finally, please note that this Friday is Good Friday and the school will be closed. As such, I will have a Google Meet checkin scheduled for Thursday from 10 am to 11 am. This session will not be recorded.

If you are feeling overwhelmed, please don't worry.  Let me know if there is anything I can do to help. Take time for you and your family. We are all in this together.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you and good luck

What an incredible year it has been. Despite all the craziness, I am so thankful and inspired by the time I have had with my students and th...