Wednesday, April 8, 2020

New Assignments Uploaded

Hello families of CHS room 11

We have posted some new assignments today for both literacy and numeracy that are due Monday, April 13, 2020. These assignments are just building upon things we introduced on Monday. Please take a look and let me know if you have any trouble with them. Please note that the video that is posted in the Google slides document may take a minute to load and might not play right away when you click on it. I have also included it as a separate attachment that can be viewed. This video has no sound. I will be hosting our weekly Google Meet tomorrow from 10 am - 11 am as Friday is a holiday and we will not be hosting our regular Friday meeting as a result. The classroom nickname is listed on Google Classroom, along with a reminder for students to join me tomorrow!

I have received some concern about the deadlines attached to the assignments on Google Classroom. Please note that these deadlines are more for the teachers so we know when we assigned things and we will still happily accept late assignments without penalty. If you are feeling overwhelmed, please email me at any time so that we can connect and I can do what I can on my end to address your concerns. This situation is new for all of us and we are doing our best to face it together. I am happy to help in whatever way I can to support you and the students.

I put out a quick survey on Google Classroom asking about access to technology to figure out how I can best support the students. It seems that the majority have access to a laptop but that some students are accessing Google Classroom from a Smartphone or an iPad/Tablet. For those of you who are accessing from a Smartphone or iPad/Tablet, please note that some features of the Google Classroom may not be available (such as accessing multiple tabs on a browser) and students may find it helpful to download the applications to access all the features. I will include the links below for ease of access for both iPhone and Android users.

iPhone users:
Google Classroom Access - App Store
Google Meet - App Store

Android users:
Google Classroom Access - Google Play
Google Meet - Google Play

We are all in this situation together. Let's do our best to take things slowly and be kind and gentle with each other as we figure it out. That includes be gentle towards yourself. Parents, I know you are doing your best to help your children learn and understand this situation. It is totally okay to feel overwhelmed and to take a step back from the classroom if you need to. Your mental health and overall wellbeing are more important than any work I could assign. Please know that I am here to help you however I can and I am not here to judge you. If you need help, please ask, and I will do my best to support you.

Stay strong, stay safe, and be well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you and good luck

What an incredible year it has been. Despite all the craziness, I am so thankful and inspired by the time I have had with my students and th...