Wednesday, April 15, 2020

Novel study has started on Google Classroom!

The teachers are busy learning all kinds of new technology! We have finally got our copy of Fortunately, the Milk by Neil Gaiman and we are busy reading and recording parts for the students to listen to and enjoy. There will be a few short answer questions for each section. The first part is posted on the Google Classroom under ELA and is read by Ms. Seaman. I will be reading part 3 and part 6, so stay tuned for those in the next few weeks! As this week is a short week, there will be no new assignments uploaded on today.

I can see on my end that most students are having success with navigating Google Classroom and have been turning in assignments. I have posted a reminder on the class stream for students to double check that they are clicking the Turn In button once they are finished so I know they are ready to have their work reviewed. Again, do not worry about turning in work late as I will still review it once it has been submitted.

I hope everyone has been keeping busy and has lots of good books to read. According to my GetEpic account, our class has already read 14 books! That's amazing. Keep going! I know some students are not using GetEpic and are reading through Read Theory or paper copy books, and that's great! Students can keep track of their reading in the Reading Tracking spreadsheet on Google Classroom and submit it at the end of the month. For those of you reading on GetEpic, let's see how many books we can finish by the end of the month!  Here is a screen shot from Get Epic showing how many books we've read so far!



As always, please email me any time with questions or concerns.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you and good luck

What an incredible year it has been. Despite all the craziness, I am so thankful and inspired by the time I have had with my students and th...