Tuesday, April 21, 2020

Returned work

Hello students and families of room 11!

I am slowly making my way through assignments and returning them with feedback. Here are a couple of things to note:

  • some assignments may be returned with no feedback (such as Google forms). Unless I specifically leave a comment in the feedback that the work is incomplete or needs to be redone, I have recorded the students' answers and marked the work as completed.
  • I intend to read through each student's work and provide a comment or suggestion of what could be improved. It is up to the student to revisit the work. If students would like to redo the work, they need to unsubmit the assignment on their end, make their corrections, and then re-submit it. Students are not obligated to do this. However, it is a great way to improve their skills by reviewing their work and correcting it. It is strongly encouraged, but not required.
  • I know that some families are not engaging with the work on Google Classroom and are instead using this time to maintain mental health and overall wellbeing. I strongly support this approach. I will be sending follow up emails to check in about missing assignments and to ask how you're doing overall, but if you tell me that this is currently the focus for you and your family, I have no problem with that. However, because I was unable to spend significant time with the students before the school closure, I will be basing my report card comments and making recommendations based on the work they complete in Google Classroom. Marks will not be lowered as a result of incomplete work. 
Thank you to all the parents who have reached out to ask questions and let me know how I can help. Please continue to contact me with any comments or concerns as it helps guide me in what kind of information to provide to parents on the blog.

Stay safe and stay healthy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you and good luck

What an incredible year it has been. Despite all the craziness, I am so thankful and inspired by the time I have had with my students and th...